When it comes to businesses, the need to sell the product or service is a must to improve the business’s growth and revenue. For that to happen, the employees must know and understand the product or service they are offering. Effective product knowledge training is one of the best training an employee can have especially if he or she is new to the business or the company. Here are some tips to train the employees well about the product or service:
- Opt for different methods of delivery. An employee may have different modes of learning—maybe he or she is a visual, auditory, or tactile learner. Visual learners will likely understand more information through Powerpoint presentations, graphs, videos, and hand-outs; auditory learners would like discussions, and audio recordings or audiobooks; while tactile learners would love to hold the product itself or the equipment that they will need to use.
- Be creative with the methods and techniques of teaching. SLC carpet cleaners recommend this – The trainers should make the training interesting so as not to bore the trainees despite the load of information they need to digest within a limited time. Making the delivery and assessment parts fun through games and fun activities can be used.
- Decongest the information. Do not make the employees learn everything in one day if there is too much information for the average mind. Otherwise, the training will be useless and will only result to burnt out employees.
- Repeat information. There will be times that the trainer must repeat the information to let that be instilled in the trainees’ minds. Significant information must be given enough emphasis to ensure that the information will be retained.
- Assess what the employees learned. Assessment will make the trainer understand what the employees’ understand and what they do not. This will help the trainer know what to repeat explaining, and what to improve in the next batch of training.
- Provide appropriate venues for application. It is not enough that the trainees know the theories, concepts, and ideas—they need to apply it somewhere appropriate for their future tasks. For example, a farming trainee was instructed to take care of trees with the help of pest control. Thus, the trainee must be given the chance to practice pest control in real life.
- Let the experts speak. Trainers will be the best asset during the whole product knowledge training. Be sure that the trainers are certified experts in product knowledge and they know even the smallest details about it.